We discover and value the material and immaterial cultural heritage of cities to develop the identity, pride and social well-being of citizens.
O-City is a transnational project developed within the framework of the Erasmus + (Knowledge Alliance) programme aimed mainly at universities and their students and teachers, businesses and cities.
The commitment of the 13 partners of the O-City project is to achieve the following objectives:
- To discover, promote and enhance the cultural heritage (material and immaterial) of cities as a tool for the development of a deep identity, pride of citizens and social well-being;
- Encourage the Orange Economy by training professionals (experts) in creative technologies to integrate this knowledge into existing or new business activities. Sectors such as art and culture, anchored in the past, now look to the future of emerging technologies, thus positioning themselves at the forefront of the Orange Economy;
- Modernise universities and innovate teaching and learning methodologies such as PBL (Project-Based Learning), through the CDIO (Conceive, Design, Implement and Operate) initiative to teach engineering and stimulate teamwork through the SCRUM methodology.
These objectives will be achieved through:
- Knowledge and good practices of sharing and collaboration between the triple creative alliance: Universities, Businesses and Cities to generate a valuable Think Tank for the development of innovations that have an impact on real environments;
- The creation and implementation of a scalable, interactive, multilingual and intercultural platform as a laboratory for cultural innovation, multimedia elements, training modules, badges and innovative learning tools developed by students, professors and professionals to promote culture and social values.
The main target groups of the project are:
- Educational centres that will incorporate the Open Educational Resources (OER) developed by the O-CITY project into their training offer. Beneficiaries within this group are rectors/leaders, teachers and students;
- Cities, which will benefit from creative and interactive multimedia applications and the platform that will facilitate the activities of the tourist offices of the cities;
- Businesses and professionals, both belonging to the partnership (SMEs and clusters) that will develop new business opportunities and benefit from the exchange of knowledge with other institutions in the field of Orange Economy.