Focus on Prime Minister, the Italian school of politics and civic activism for young women founded in 2019 in southern Italy.Read More >>
The TraCEs – Cultour Is Capital project has one aim: to put European Cultural Capitals to the forefront in an EU project based on transformative tourism.
Funded by European Commission, under COSME program, TraCEs seeks to lay the foundations of a cultural and sustainable tourism model in European Capitals of Culture that pivots around their heritage, creative and cultural industries and ways of living.
8 partners from (Italy, Slovakia, Croatia, Spain, Germany and Holland) have come together to spread the word of the beauty of their countries and, above all, the potential of their culture capitals from a local, innovative approach. That is what transformative tourism is about: linking communities so that visitors tap into regional cultures and meaningfully interact with locals, reinforcing the concept of the tourist as a temporary citizen rather than a holidaymaker. TraCEs brings all this together by putting forward a new way of traveling to European Capitals of Culture.
The project will actively involve tourism and creative industries operators invited to interact into laboratories where local resources – previously mapped and clustered – are used to shape an innovative thematic tourist product. Synergies between tourism and CCIs are used at the outset of the overall project development process. A unique opportunity for tourism to develop innovative products and creative industries to cross-fertilize other economic sectors.
- Develop a data-driven approach beyond the right website, tool or application, helping them grasp the importance of making data and analytics part of the tourism business strategies, offers and products, of their organizational processes and culture, if they want to be competitive, sustainable and attractive;
- Build the link between tourism destinations and tourism SMEs; the project focus on European Capitals of Culture and stretches the year event over a long- lasting period – from about ten years before the bid to a very long legacy – and actively involves tourism SMEs in the co-creation of the event, so as to spur sustainable tourism and sustainable development;
- Create a multidisciplinary business approach that leverages synergies between tourism, culture, creativity and digital technology;
- Experience a challenging funnel-like support scheme that includes capacity building, mentoring and learning, along with a collaborative creativity-oriented matchmaking, other than opportunities for financial support;
- Immerse themselves into a fun, evidence-based assessment process that combines communication, impact evaluation and self-assessment.